Profiles
Forum
Chat Log
How to play
Help
Suggested Words
About
Donate

Weboggle > Weboggle Feedback > Only allow registered players to chat?

First Post: Sun, 04 Oct 2009 03:27 pm Only allow registered players to chat?
Last post: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 12:39 am
admin
28 Posts
Regular
Vote now.
Only allow registered players to chat?
Yes
No
Don't care
Vote: Votes: Percentage:
Yes 12
42.9%
No 15
53.6%
Don't care 1
3.6%
Sun, 04 Oct 2009 03:27 pm
Report Post | Anchor
Army.Soldier.Mom
1 Posts
Chat
There are many players that come on here and are afraid to register, which is understandable. They are still decent people tho.
And do enjoy the chat with some of them..
Sun, 01 Nov 2009 05:34 am
Report Post | Anchor
Jody
6 Posts
hi admin
there's another post in the web support section that has more input. With all the problems on the board off and on, I think folks are leaning towards folks must register. Mods are leaning towards longer banning times for the serious trouble-makers who do hinder enjoying the board for all! I see no reason why they should have to play in order to chat, which was a discussion months back, but I do see a reason to have them register in order to chat. Longer banning times 1-3 days, and a message they cannot overtake your board here for 30-120 minutes at a time, 1-3 times per day sometimes. There has to be civility or a means to keep civility. I'd still let those who do not register view the chat though, if that's IT-possible, so they can get a sense of enjoying the board and being a part of it by registering. Most newbies - I find have no desire to chat. There's quite a few that are registered, but come on the board as someone else to chat temporarily-which is fun, but I think we need to keep our eye on the ball on how to maintain the boards integrity and be able to eliminate the trouble makers 1-as quick as possible and 2-as long as possible (via bannings). Maybe you could set it up where they are banned from chat for 3-5 days, but are still welcome to play even? It's the chat that causes the issues, not playing the game. Thanks for listening! Please see other comments in other section. Take care.
Tue, 03 Nov 2009 08:40 am
Report Post | Anchor
Edited: soon after post
admin
28 Posts
Regular
New moderation system implemented
The long-awaited moderation system is now in place. Moderators can now ban disruptive players' ability to chat with just a few clicks.

It is also now easier than ever to banish persistently disruptive chatters by banning their IP addresses. This prevents them from joining under a new user name and continuing with their filth. It can also stop an entire school of kids with nothing better to do than fill the chat up with useless gibberish.
Tue, 09 Feb 2010 04:29 pm
Report Post | Anchor
Marla
16 Posts
Lurker
Thanks!
Thanks, Admin, for making those changes. As a mod, it could be so difficult to keep up with the spamming at certain points when many chat abusers would be on. Hopefully it will be a deterrent to those who are just looking to be disruptive.
Thu, 11 Feb 2010 12:39 am
Report Post | Anchor

Login required

To post a message, you must be logged on.