Donate

Weboggle > Weboggle Feedback > Weboggle Comments

<< Previous 151 | 2
First Post: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 10:43 pm Weboggle Comments
Last post: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 05:11 am
Queen of Shieber
3 Posts
6x6 board please
Just wanted to throw my hat into the ring for a 6x6 board please - it's totally addictive and is probably really annoying for players not looking exclusively for words of 6 letters + Hope you can help us yet again! Thanks
Sat, 31 Oct 2009 09:33 am
Report Post | Anchor
ella
2 Posts
6s
I have no objections on another 5x5 board the additional feature being that it allows only 6 letter words and more. It is quite difficult counting my letters and keeping myself from popping a 5 or less. I guess this has quite a following now. And would reduce the traffic in the 5s board.

Youre doing a good job admin. Incidentally, do you play too? *)
Sun, 08 Nov 2009 01:25 am
Report Post | Anchor
KPeng
1 Posts
hey is there a way you can create individual game rooms for you and your friends? Because if there isnt there should =)
thanks
Thu, 12 Nov 2009 08:17 am
Report Post | Anchor
admin
28 Posts
Regular
Thank you for all your comments. At the moment the biggest issue that is stopping all these new features from being added is performance and lag.

The two main tasks I need to complete before adding the new boards (or game rooms) is to implement a proper banning system and to optimise the site to be more responsive. These updates will eliminate bad players from disrupting the game and causing lag.
Thu, 12 Nov 2009 12:27 pm
Report Post | Anchor
Jody
6 Posts
Response to Admin
Thank you for reading through the comments and making considerations. I think all players, who have experienced enjoying themselves with disruptive players, will appreciate a proper banning system. It's amazing the domino effect it seems to have once they've entered the site with determination to disrupt the fun for all. Would you also consider eliminating the .info or explaining it on the news and feedback where it stays pinned on information? There's a lot of confusion between .net and .info. Thank you much!
Thu, 26 Nov 2009 06:58 am
Report Post | Anchor
Santa Fe rick
1 Posts
Donations
I heard that you were short of cash and I would like to make a small donation, but I do not want to make it on line but would prefer to send you a check.

To whom or what should it be made out and where should it be sent?
Fri, 04 Dec 2009 08:59 am
Report Post | Anchor
jojo
1 Posts
Donations
Would also be willing to send a donation. Where and to whom?
Fri, 04 Dec 2009 10:38 am
Report Post | Anchor
admin
28 Posts
Regular
Jody writes...
Would you also consider eliminating the .info or explaining it on the news and feedback where it stays pinned on information? There's a lot of confusion between .net and .info. Thank you much!

Good question. The reason for the .info domain was due to the fact that both the .net and .com domains were already taken when I first started the site. About two years after the site went live, the .net domain became available so I took it. At the time, there were enough resources to run a second server and have the .net domain run off that 2nd server, spreading the load.

The weboggle.net domain wasn't as popular as the .info, mainly because weboggle.info has been around for much longer and more sites have linked to it.

But due to our current situation now, we don't have the resources to run that additional server, so weboggle.net is temporarily deactivated. We're taking donations online via Paypal. Go to the "Donate" link in the menu for more information.
Tue, 08 Dec 2009 12:53 pm
Report Post | Anchor
roweboat
1 Posts
love the site!
just found this site - don't know how i missed it scanning for new word boggle/tangle/ sites every couple of months. played at Tangleword (closed) then games.cobradragon.com (which is good, however there are few players lately BUT check it out. there are a handful of boards random times & grids for all level of play)With your fine attention to detail, im sure most tanglers and bogglers i know will migrate here!! Putting the word out. I love the site! keep it up!
Mon, 22 Feb 2010 04:01 pm
Report Post | Anchor
admin
28 Posts
Regular
Thanks to everyone who donated during the past week. It certainly allieviates the running costs at least for the next few months.

One or two of you donated above and beyond what was expected - your financial generosity did not go unnoticed!

Your help with keeping this site alive is fantastic, and will ensure the long term future of Weboggle.
Sat, 06 Mar 2010 10:33 pm
Report Post | Anchor
kiddo
0 Posts
Donations & Thanks!
Whoever you are, I'd like to extend my
thanks for making this site available.

Also, I made a donation about a week
ago and would love a confirmation that
it was received.

Thanks again.
Sun, 14 Mar 2010 05:19 pm
Report Post | Anchor
Hatem
0 Posts
Not words
Is there a way to get nonwords (like that one) removed without getting them in the puzzle? I see a lot of them in the words other people got or nobody got sections but cannot report them from there.
Thu, 19 Aug 2010 08:40 am
Report Post | Anchor
1 Posts
Player Ratings
I would like your feedback on a ratings system that I have proposed to the site admin. I think it is better than the one on Cobra dragon games. it is your average placement divided by your average points per word. points per word is calculated by taking the players total points and dividing that by the total words. the lower the number that is put out, the higher the rating.
Mon, 14 Mar 2011 04:46 am
Report Post | Anchor
Marla
16 Posts
Lurker
504's rating system
I would love to see a rating system implemented here. We do play to compete against each other, would be interesting to see where you stand.
Mon, 14 Mar 2011 04:59 am
Report Post | Anchor
1 Posts
More Details
The number that comes out of the equation almost always has decimal places in it, so the system could be further enhanced by assigning a rating number to a specific range. For example, if your number was in between .5 and 1, you might get a 10 out of 10 and if you got a 3-4 you might get a 5 out of ten. Those were arbitrary numbers, but you get the point.
Mon, 14 Mar 2011 05:11 am
Report Post | Anchor
<< Previous 151 | 2

Login required

To post a message, you must be logged on.