verb, zapped, zapping, noun
Colloquial --verb (t)
1. to destroy with a sudden burst of violence; annihilate.
2. to move quickly.
3. to edit out (the ads) in a film, etc., shown on television while it is being recorded on a video cassette recorder, using the remote control.
4. to remove or delete, especially quickly.
5. to cook in a microwave oven.
6. to bombard with electric current as from a laser.
-- verb (i)
7. to move quickly.
8. vitality; force.
9. zap up, to make livelier and more interesting.