noun, plural solos, soli adjective, adverb
1. a musical composition performed by or intended for one singer or player, with or without accompaniment.
2. any performance, as a dance, by one person.
3. a flight in an aeroplane during which the aviator is unaccompanied by an instructor or other person.
4. Cards a. Also, solo whist. a game similar to whist in which one player may opt to oppose all others. b. any of certain other games in which one person plays alone against others.
5. a motorcycle without a sidecar.
6. Music performing alone, as an instrument or its player.
7. performed alone; not combined with other parts of equal importance; not concerted.
8. alone; without a companion or partner: a solo flight in an aeroplane.
9. alone: he made his first flight solo.
10. go solo, a. to undertake an enterprise, activity, etc., alone. b. Cards in the game of solo, to oppose all other players. c. to leave a group and embark upon a solo career.
[It., from L solus alone]