adjective ( nicer, nicest )
1. pleasing; agreeable; delightful: a nice visit.
2. amiably pleasant; kind: they are always nice to strangers.
3. characterised by or requiring great accuracy, precision, skill, or delicacy: nice workmanship.
4. requiring or showing tact or care; delicate.
5. showing minute differences; minutely accurate, as instruments.
6. minute, fine, or subtle, as a distinction.
7. having or showing delicate and accurate perception: a nice sense of colour.
8. refined as to manners, language, etc.
9. suitable or proper: not a nice song.
10. carefully neat as to dress, habits, etc.
11. dainty or delicious, as food.
12. dainty as to taste.
13. Obsolete coy, shy, or reluctant.
14. Obsolete ® wanton.
15. Obsolete foolish.
16. nice one!, Colloquial (an exclamation indicating approval, admiration, etc.).
[ME, from OF: simple, from L nescius not knowing]
-- nicely, adverb -- niceness, noun