1. amiably gentle or temperate in feeling or behaviour towards others.
2. characterised by or showing such gentleness, as manners, speech, etc.
3. not cold, severe, or extreme, as air, weather, etc.
4. gentle or moderate in force or effect: mild penalties.
5. softly shining, as light, etc.
6. not sharp, pungent, or strong: mild flavour.
7. not acute, as disease, etc.
8. moderate in intensity, degree, or character: mild regret.
9. easily worked, as soil, stone, wood, etc.
10. Obsolete kind or gracious.
11. a dark, full-flavoured beer brewed from malt which has been heated on the kiln to a higher temperature than malt for pale ale, which gives it a characteristic burnt flavour.
[ME and OE, c. G mild ]
-- mildly, adverb -- mildness, noun