adjective ( dimmer, dimmest )
1. not bright; obscure from lack of light; somewhat dark: a dim room.
2. not clearly seen; indistinct: a dim object.
3. not clear to the mind; vague: a dim idea.
4. not brilliant; dull in lustre: a dim colour.
5. faint: a dim sound.
6. not seeing clearly: eyes dim with tears.
7. not clearly understanding.
8. disparaging; adverse: to take a dim view.
9. Colloquial (of a person), stupid; lacking in intelligence.
-- verb ( dimmed, dimming )
-- verb (t)
10. to make dim.
-- verb (i)
11. to become or grow dim.
[ME dim ( e ), OE dim ( m ), c. OFris. dim, Icel. dimmr ]
-- dimly, adverb -- dimness, noun