1. rump; bottom; buttocks; posterior.
2. a despised person.
3. impudence: What arse!
4. a woman considered as a sex object: She's a nice bit of arse.
5. arse about, a. in reverse or illogical order: He did the exercise completely arse about. b. Also, arse around. to act like a fool; waste time.
6. arse about face, changed in direction; back to front.
7. arse over tit ; arse over kettle ; arse over apex ; arse over turkey, fallen heavily and awkwardly, usually in a forward direction.
8. arse up, to spoil; cause to fail.
9. down on one's arse, out of luck; destitute.
10. give someone the arse, Colloquial a. to dismiss (someone), especially from employment. b. to reject or rebuff (someone).
11. smart arse, ® smart alec.
12. up Cook's arse, NZ (an expression of disgust).
[ME; OE ears ]